Wednesday 8 November 2017

Nov 8/17

Hold the presses! There has been some back stitching done on this piece. Only a few strands have been stitched but it is back stitching nonetheless.


From what I have read on the various facebook groups about cross stitch, it would appear that back stitching is either greatly disliked or greatly loved by those who post in those groups. Me, I love back stitching as I love watching the piece grow and become more alive under my fingers. I have never been good with a paintbrush and paint so I view cross stitch as my painting with back stitching being the last bits of shading and definition.

Well, it is off to bed for me as I need to be up a few minutes earlier so that I can get a flu shot from my doctor before I start my work day.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment