Monday 31 July 2017

July 31/17

I started the back stitching this evening during the latest episode of "Game of Thrones" and completed it during the first episode of season 2 of "Queen of the South". A few quick twists of wire around a pen and voila! Now to decide what to do next with my projects.

After two summers of trying to figure out this sandy soil here, I think that I finally have figured out a thing or two. This bloom that greeted me on Saturday morning is evidence of my triumph after several failures to get plants to thrive and bloom in this yard. All of my lilies, both day and asiatic have been blooming like crazy this summer, making it a joy to pull into my driveway after a long day at work.

Speaking of work, I should head to bed as tomorrow I am working the second of two extra shifts that I have picked up this week. As part of my continual attempts to improve my life, I have come to realize that I am rather sleep deprived these days so I am trying several lifestyle changes to help improve the quality of my sleep. The first step for me is to actually get into bed as it is so easy with the bright Ott light on to stay wide awake into the wee hours as I stitch away.

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment